University Development Resources
Many organizations and centers at UC offer professional development services and resources helpful for current graduate students.
- The Academic Writing Center offers graduate student writing support for documents such as theses, dissertations, journal articles, grant proposals, and materials for the job search.
- The Center for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning (CET&L) provides resources and training to help teachers (including TAs) maximize student learning.
- The Division of Experience-Based Learning and Career Education provides career services that can help you at every stage of the job search with career coaching, access to the Handshake job board for current students and alumni, resume critiques, practice interviews and more.
- The Graduate Association for Teaching Enhancement (GATE) is a teaching initiative developed by graduate students, for graduate students. GATE provides monthly interactive workshops focused on evidence-based and inclusive pedagogies, theoretical underpinnings of teaching and learning, and practical skills to improve course instruction, engagement, and assessment. In addition, GATE offers one-on-one consultations to help graduate students with their personal teaching goals and needs.
- The UC Libraries offer workshops and seminars designed to help students improve their research and technology skills.
Professional Development Articles
GradCURRENTS, the weekly graduate student newsletter at UC, often features articles on professional development topics.
- The Bearcat's Declassified Resource Survival Guide
- Graduate Student Innovations are Turning Heads from Cincinnati’s Top Entrepreneurs
- The Bearcat's Declassified Resource Survival Guide: Online Edition
- Put the "Pro" in Professional: Create an ePortfolio
- The Soft Skills That Will Land You Your Dream Job
- Doing Research Right: The Institutional Review Board
- Research Libraries To The Rescue: Experts To Elevate Your Research
- GATEways to Teaching
- Make Your Research Mark with ORCID
- Scholar@UC: The Archive You Need
- Become a Better Writer with the Academic Writing Center
- GATE: An Enriching UC Graduate Experience
- Now Enrolling: Center for English as a Second Language (CESL)