University Development Resources
Many organizations and centers at UC offer professional development services and resources helpful for current graduate students.
- The Academic Writing Center offers graduate student writing support for documents such as theses, dissertations, journal articles, grant proposals, and materials for the job search.
- The Center for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning (CET&L) provides resources and professional development focused on teaching and learning to positively impact student success. CET&L supports all members of UC’s teaching community including graduate students who are instructors of record, Teaching Assistants (TAs), and those who are interested in teaching and may pursue a career in academia. All graduate students are welcome at any of CET&L’s workshops. Register for CET&L workshops through Faculty Development OneStop. Visit the Graduate Student Teaching Resources Canvas site for resources on various teaching related topics, Canvas resources, and information about CET&L workshops.
- The Division of Experience-Based Learning and Career Education provides career services that can help you at every stage of the job search with career coaching, access to the Handshake job board for current students and alumni, resume critiques, practice interviews and more.
- The Graduate Association for Teaching Enhancement (GATE) is a teaching initiative developed by graduate students, for graduate students. GATE provides a community of support for graduate students engaged in and interested in teaching. For more information about GATE, email email@example.com.
- The UC Libraries offer workshops and seminars designed to help students improve their research and technology skills.
Professional Development Articles
GradCURRENTS, the weekly graduate student newsletter at UC, often features articles on professional development topics.
- The Bearcat’s Declassified Job-Hunt Survival Guide
- Hone Your Literacy Skills with the Academic Writing Center
- Find Community and Join the Discussion with PFF’s Reading Groups
- The Researcher’s Guide to Perusing UC Libraries’ Virtual Stacks
- The PFF Program is Cultivating the Next Generation of Educators
- Bearcats Connect Could Be a Catalyst for Your Next Job Offer
- Map Your Success with an Individual Development Plan
- Graduate Student Innovations are Turning Heads from Cincinnati’s Top Entrepreneurs
- Put the "Pro" in Professional: Create an ePortfolio
- The Soft Skills That Will Land You Your Dream Job
- Research Libraries To The Rescue: Experts To Elevate Your Research
- Make Your Research Mark with ORCID
- Scholar@UC: The Archive You Need