Transfer Credit for Graduate Courses Taken at UC

  1. When leaving one graduate degree program to join another at UC, all UC graduate credits taken as part of the incomplete degree are eligible for transfer to fulfill requirements in the new degree program, based on faculty evaluation of the equivalence to courses in the new curriculum and program approval. This same policy will also apply when a student matriculated in an incomplete UC graduate certificate program matriculates into a graduate degree program.
  2. When a non-matriculated student enters a graduate degree program at UC, non-matric UC graduate credits are eligible to be transferred toward obtaining the new degree, if the coursework is listed in e-curriculum as part of the degree requirements. Subject to program approval, students may transfer up to 12 credits or one third of the credits required to earn their UC graduate degree (whichever is greater).