Pass/Fail Grades

An instructor may request approval for pass/fail grading for an individual student in his/her class prior to the first day of class. A graduate student can take a course on a pass/fail basis (P or U grade) when approved by his/her adviser and instructor. An instructor is not required to accept a student on such a basis.