PFF-approved workshops are offered by the Graduate School, the Academy of Fellows for Teaching & Learning (AFTL), the Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CET&L), the Graduate Association for Teaching Enhancement (GATE), and other UC groups. This page and the Microsoft SharePoint show which workshops qualify for credit for the present term. The workshops chosen by the PFF program typically focus on pedagogy.
Workshops lasting four hours or less are worth five activity points. Workshops lasting over four hours are worth ten activity points.
In order for students to receive activity points for attending a workshop, an activity log must be completed and submitted to email@example.com within one month of the activity date.
Workshops, Summer 2022
PFF students are encouraged to participate in the following online workshop offerings for PFF recognition. These offerings will be periodically updated. Please check the registration link to see if the specific workshop is virutal or in-person.
Please note: PFF students in the tiered program are required to submit a one paragraph summary following the attended workshop. These summaries can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and are required within thirty days of the workshop.
Recorded CET&L Workshops
Recorded workshops from CET&L (accessed in Kaltura) will be accepted for PFF credit throughout the Summer semester. See the listings below:
- Teaching Students to Ask Better Questions
- Intro to Inclusive and Equitable Teaching Strategies for Teaching Assistants (TAs)
- Modifying your Teaching for Online Learning
- CET&L Brown Bag Series - Technology in the Classroom
- Introduction to Course Design
- Driving Engagement in Online Classroms
- Providing All Students with Feedback that Promotes Motivation, Persistence, and Retention