Presidential Fellowship Program
The presidential fellowship is on track for a soft launch for fall 2023. Faculty are currently recruiting the first cohort of students from the following departments: Political Science; Engineering Education; Aerospace Engineering; Biomedical Engineering; Nursing; Pharmacy Science; Engineering; School Psychology; Mathematics; English; Communication; Chemistry; Sport administration.
The goal is to recruit 15 high achieving, diverse students for fall 2023. Research doctoral programs may nominate an incoming student who is high achieving and would like a different path to the doctorate by contacting Graduate College Dean Rose Marie Ward.
Signature aspects of the program:
- Highly flexible cohort-based program with industry and regional connections
- Mentorship from industry partners and UC graduate alumni
- $10K stipend on top of their departmental funding (5 years)
- 100% of UC Student Health Insurance covered
- The student will still meet the learning outcomes of the degree program
- 50% of their time will be directly mentored with the advisor (Grant writing, publications, etc.)
- 50% of their time developing transferrable skills (e.g., Communicating to nonspecialists; Project management; Conflict management; Teamwork; Ethics/Social Responsibility; Leadership and mentoring)
- Interdisciplinary experiences with local organizations, industry etc.
- Individual Development Plans and mentoring plans for each students
- Mentoring team for each student – Advisor; Graduate Alumni; Industry or local impact