Albert C. Yates Fellowship Program
The mission of the Albert C. Yates Fellowship Program at the University of Cincinnati is to enrich the educational environment for all graduate students by supporting the recruitment and retention of underrepresented minority groups who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents with high potential for academic success to graduate programs at the University of Cincinnati.
This award requires program nomination; students cannot directly apply. It is strongly recommended, though, that students identify their eligibilty to their future program. (Please visit the program finder website for program contact information.) Application portfolios should be completed as early as possible in order for the applicant's program to evaluate their eligibility.
Please contact the Yates Fellowship email (email@example.com) with questions.
Upcoming Award Cycle
Graduate departments may nominate up to three prospective/incoming students who will start a master's or doctoral program in Fall 2020.
Incoming, full-time (12 or more credit hours) students are nominated by their departments. Documentation of underrepresentation within the program is necessary.
- Nominee's potential for academic achievement*
- Strength of the program's recommendation
- Strength of the program's plan for academic, financial and mentoring support of the nominee, including a timeline and proposal for the use of Yates funding
- Nominee's application materials
- Nominee's status as a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Nominee's status as a new graduate student at UC (students who attended UC as undergraduate students are still eligible)
- Underrepresentation of nominee's ethnicity within the program (nominating programs must document that the student's demographic origin is underrepresented within the graduate program to the satisfaction of the selection committee)
*Potential may be measured by past academic performance, demonstrated skills, outstanding accomplishment, tenacious attitude and/or other qualities deemed appropriate by the selection committee.
Please direct questions to the Yates Fellowship email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.