Required Page Order
Note: To view examples of dissertations in your field, visit the OhioLINK ETD Collection.
1. Title Page
Each document must have a full title page with the following information:
- The title of the document (Do not use all capital letters for your title. Capital letters in the title are still appropriate for acronyms, proper nouns, first letter, etc.)
- Author name and date
- Previous degrees
- Degree to be conferred
- Department (if applicable) and college in which the degree is earned
- Name of committee chair
To view these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download.
Dissertation and Thesis abstracts must be 500 words or less. There are no exceptions. This 500-word abstract must be included in your pdf document. Including tables and figures in the abstract is strongly discouraged. Please check with the Graduate College if you must use tables or figures in your abstract.
3. Blank page or copyright notice
4. Preface and/or acknowledgements (optional)
5. Table of contents
6. List of tables and/or figures (if needed)
7. List of illustrations (if needed)
8. List of symbols (if needed)
9. Body text
10. Glossary (if needed)
12. Appendices (if needed)
13. Index (if needed)
14. Visual and audio materials
All audio and video files should be embedded in your PDF document. View directions on how to add visual and audio materials.
Please note that certain video files cannot be inserted directly into your PDF document. MPEG, MP4 and AVI are acceptable.
15. Embed all fonts
All fonts must be embedded in your pdf. View ProQuest's guide for Preparing Your Manuscript for Submission (Including Supplemental Files), which includes instructions on how to embed fonts. (To view this document, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download.)
Embedding stores the fonts in the pdf file so that every person who looks at your document will see it the way you intended. If you do not embed the fonts, your reader's computer may make an unwanted font substitution.