Ready to Graduate?
Run your Graduation Checklist first! The graduation application and all other required steps are located here. You can also use this application to check your graduation status.
View Graduation Deadlines for the current and upcoming semesters.
Doctoral Hooding & Master's Recognition Ceremony
Whether you are a first-time graduate, graduate student, parent or UC faculty member joining in the celebration, this will be a memorable day for you. Find details and information on the commencement website.
Students participating in the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony must have official UC regalia. Doctoral students may choose between the "student elements doctoral regalia" (total package: $192.00) and the "fine quality doctoral regalia" (total: $778.00). ONLY officially licensed UC regalia is permitted to be worn for participation in the ceremony.
The deadline to order fine quality doctoral regalia for the fall ceremony was November 5, 2018, and the deadline to order student elements doctoral regalia was November 8, 2018.
Student Elements Doctoral Regalia
Purchase online at the Jostens UC webpage:
- Click on the right hand side "Graduation Caps & Gowns"
- Select Student Doctoral
- To purchase complete unit, select the first option and customize
- Height, weight, and head measurement (circumference in inches) is needed
- Ala carte options are available. Note: tams do not come with tassels, purchase separately
- Deadline for the fall ceremony was November 8, 2018
- The Josten’s website shows a black gown. This image is not accurate. ALL UC Doctoral gowns are red. If ordering a Student Elements Doctoral Regalia, this gown is red
Fine Quality Doctoral Regalia
- Gown is pictured on our website
- Total cost is $778.00
- Deadline to order was November 5, 2018
All orders will be shipped directly to the student and usually ships within 5 weeks.