Whether you are a first-time graduate, graduate student, parent or UC faculty member joining in the celebration, this will be a memorable day for you. Find details and information on the commencement website.
Date: Friday, August 3
Location: BB&T Arena, Northern Kentucky University campus (approximately 9 miles from UC’s Uptown Campus)
The ceremony begins at 2 p.m.
Doors will open for graduates and their guests at 1 p.m.
Will Call opens at 9 a.m.
Graduates with Limited Mobility or Special Accommodations
All graduating students with limited mobility concerns or who require special accommodations should contact the Commencement Office at least two weeks in advance to receive additional information for the ceremony at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each graduating student who selected to participate in the Summer 2018 ceremony through the graduation application will be able to pick up five (5) tickets for guests.
- Ticket pickup begins Monday, June 18 in Student Affairs, Steger Student Life Center, Suite 630. The office will be open for ticket pickup Monday—Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. Please bring your UC Bearcat Card or another photo ID with you.
- The last day to pick up tickets is Friday, July 13. If you do not pick up your tickets by 4 p.m. on July 13, we will release those tickets to other graduates who are on the wait list, without any further notice or reminder.
- If you are unable to pick up your tickets on campus and would like to have them held at Will Call at BB&T Arena, please complete the Will Call Request online no later than July 13 at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WillCallSummer2018. Will Call opens at 9 a.m. on the day of the ceremony. You will receive further instructions the week of Commencement on Will Call ticket pickup.
- If you would like to request an extra ticket, you may submit your request at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ExtraTixSummer2018. There is no guarantee extra tickets will be available. Requests will be filled in the order received, and only if tickets become available. Only graduating students who indicated they plan to participate in the Summer 2018 Commencement ceremony are eligible to request an extra ticket. The last day to request an extra ticket is July 13.
Students participating in the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony must have official UC regalia. Doctoral students may choose between the "student elements doctoral regalia" (total package: $192.00) and the "fine quality doctoral regalia" (total: $778.00). ONLY officially licensed UC regalia is permitted to be worn for participation in the ceremony.
The deadline to order fine quality doctoral regalia was June 18, and the deadline to order student elements doctoral regalia was June 28.
Student Elements Doctoral Regalia
Purchase online at the Jostens website: http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1050050/University-of-Cincinnati/
- Click on the right hand side "Graduation Caps & Gowns"
- Select Student Doctoral
- To purchase complete unit, select the first option and customize.
- Height, weight, and head measurement (circumference in inches) is needed.
- Ala carte options are available. Note: tams do not come with tassels, purchase separately.
- Deadline was June 28, 2018
Fine Quality Doctoral Regalia
Purchase by placing an order with the UC bookstore. The deadline to purchase Fine Quality Doctoral Regalia was June 18, 2018.
All orders will be shipped directly to the student and usually ships within 5 weeks.