Whether you are a first-time graduate, graduate student, parent or UC faculty member joining in the celebration, this will be a memorable day for you. Find details and information on the commencement website.
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Nippert Stadium, 9 a.m.
All doctoral and master's degree graduates from Spring Semester 2017
Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony Information
Before you arrive for the Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony, please review the following list of information. There is a downloadable copy of the ceremony map below. If you have any questions regarding the ceremony that are not answered here, please call the Graduate School Office at 513-556-4335.
- Arrive (EST) 7:30–8:15 a.m.
- Register to pick up your reader card from your college representative outside near the Engineering Research Center.
- Doctoral students: Once you have registered, there will be volunteers to direct you to the lineup area. In the lineup area proceed to the DOCTORAL section and your college sign. A volunteer will be at your college sign to assist you and answer questions.
- Doctoral students: Your advisor/chairperson who will be "hooding" you should meet you at registration or line up area.
- Ceremony will be held in Nippert Stadium. As the ceremony will be held outside, please read the Commencement ceremony weather policy.
- Ceremony will begin at 9:00 a.m.
- Students should refrain from wearing high heels. Walking in Nippert Stadium will be on artificial turf.
- Free parking that day in UC parking garages on main campus (see attached map). This happens only at graduation time!
- CCM Parking Garage and Varsity Village Parking Garage will not be open to the public.
- Tickets are NOT required for the ceremony.
- Do not bring anything of value to the line-up area as there will not be an area to leave any personal belongings. Once you leave the lineup area for the ceremony you cannot return. The Commencement office website lists items that will not be permitted for ceremony participants or guest to bring into Nippert Stadium
- Guests with limited mobility parking, there is a drop off shuttle (entrance to stadium is marked on the map). In addition, call the Commencement office if there is a student graduate needing assistance to the lineup area. Contact the Commencement office at 513-556-3502 or email@example.com.
- Reception after the ceremony will be held at the Sheakley Field.
- Professional photographer is available in the lineup area before the ceremony. Plan to arrive early if you want photos. A photo is also taken while on stage and one more after the stage picture. Proofs are sent to you by email, and this email address is taken from your registration/reader card.
- Live streaming details can be found at: http://www.uc.edu/commencement/details/live-video.html.
Doctoral Hooding & Master's Recognition Ceremony, April 29, 2017
Purchasing Doctoral Regalia
Students participating in the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony must have official UC regalia. Graduating doctoral students may choose between the student elements doctoral regalia and the fine quality doctoral regalia.
The website only shows a stock black gown picture and does not show the official UC red gown. Your purchased gown will be red in color. Order here: http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1050050/University-of-Cincinnati/
- Click on the right hand side "Graduation Caps & Gowns."
- Select "Student Doctoral."
- To purchase complete unit, select the first option and customize.
- Height, weight, and head measurement (circumference in inches) is needed.
- Ala carte options are available. Note: tams do not come with tassels, purchase separately.
- Deadline is February 20, 2017.
Fine Quality Doctoral Regalia
See picture at right.