Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony
Whether you are a first-time graduate, graduate student, parent, or a UC faculty member joining in the celebration, we know this will be a memorable day for you. Details and information can be found at www.uc.edu/commencement/prepare.
Friday, April 29, 2016
Time: ceremony begins 10 a.m.
Place: Fifth Third Arena/Shoemaker Center
- All Doctoral degree graduates from Spring Semester 2016
- All Master's degree graduates from Spring Semester 2016
Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony Information
Before you arrive for the Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony, please review the following list of information. There is a downloadable copy of the ceremony map below. If you have any questions regarding the ceremony that are not answered here, please call the Graduate School Office at 513-556-4335.
- Doctoral and Master Students meet to line up for the ceremony at Armory Fieldhouse (see map)
- Arrive 8:30-9:15 a.m.
- Register to pick up your reader card with your college representative in the Armory Fieldhouse
- Ceremony will be held in Fifth Third Arena/Shoemaker Center (Main Campus); view the seating chart for graduating master's and doctoral students
- Ceremony will begin at 10:00 a.m.
- Fifth Third Arena's doors will open for guests at 8:30 a.m.
- Free parking that day in UC parking garages on main campus (see attached map). This happens only at graduation time!
- CCM Parking Garage will not be open to the public.
- Tickets are NOT required for the Friday ceremony.
- Do not bring anything of value to the line-up area (Armory Fieldhouse); it will be left during the ceremony and there will be no security in the area
- Guests with limited mobility parking, there is a drop off shuttle (entrance to arena is all on the map)
- Reception after the ceremony is at the Myers Alumni Center
- Professional photographer is available in the Armory Fieldhouse before the ceremony. Plan to arrive early if you want photos then. A photo is also taken while on stage and one more after the stage picture. Proofs are sent to you by email, and this email address is taken from your reader card.
- Live streaming details can be found at: http://www.uc.edu/commencement/details/live-video.html
- Once the procession begins into the arena and seating is directed by the volunteers, please remember to follow instructions for seating (we are at full capacity on Friday for student seating)
For Spring 2016 Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony
Students participating in the Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony must have official UC regalia.
The order forms for doctoral regalia was due Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2016. Graduating doctoral students may choose between the student elements doctoral regalia and the fine quality doctoral regalia.
Graduating master's students can stop by the UC Bookstore in Tangeman University Center (TUC) to purchase caps, gowns and hoods. If you cannot go to the bookstore, you can order online through the UC Bookstore website.