Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony
Whether you are a first-time graduate, graduate student, parent, or a UC faculty member joining in the celebration, we know this will be a memorable day for you. Details and information can be found at www.uc.edu/commencement/prepare.
Saturday, December 12, 2015
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Place: Fifth Third Arena
Due to the number of participating graduates, the December Commencement ceremony will be an all-inclusive celebration. Candidates for all degrees – Doctoral, Master’s, Bachelor and Associate degrees – will be recognized on Saturday, December 12 at 9:30 a.m. The ceremony will be held in Fifth Third Arena. We’re also pleased to announce parents, family members and guests will not need tickets to attend.
- All Doctoral degree graduates from Fall Semester 2015
- All Master's degree graduates from Fall Semester 2015
Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony Information
Before you arrive for the Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony, please review the following information. If you have any questions regarding the ceremony that are not answered here, please call the Graduate School Office at 513-556-4335.
- Doctoral and Master Students meet to line up for the ceremony at the Armory Fieldhouse (see map).
- Arrive at 8:00 a.m.
- Register to pick up your reader card with your college representative in the Armory Fieldhouse.
- The ceremony will be held in the Fifth Third Arena/Shoemaker Center (Main Campus) and begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Free parking is available that day in UC parking garages on the main campus (see attached map). This happens only at graduation time!
- The CCM Parking Garage will not be open to the public.
- Tickets are NOT required for the ceremony.
- Do not bring anything of value to the line-up area (Armory Fieldhouse); it will be left during the ceremony, and there will be no security in the area.
- Shuttles from the parking garages are available for guests with limited mobility (see map for accessible arena entrance).
- A reception after the ceremony will be held at the Myers Alumni Center.
- A professional photographer is available in the Armory Fieldhouse before the ceremony. Plan to arrive early if you want photos then. A photo will be taken while you are on stage, and one more will be taken after the stage picture. Proofs are sent to you by email, and this email address is taken from your reader card.
- Live streaming details can be found at http://www.uc.edu/commencement/details/live-video.html
- Once the procession into the arena begins and seating is directed by the volunteers, please remember to follow instructions for seating. (We are at full capacity on Friday for student seating.)
Students participating in the Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony must have official UC regalia.
The order forms for doctoral regalia were due Thursday, Oct. 1, 2015. Graduating doctoral students may choose between the student elements doctoral regalia and the fine quality doctoral regalia.
Graduating master's students can stop by the UC Bookstore in Tangeman University Center (TUC) to purchase caps, gowns and hoods. If you cannot go to the bookstore, you can order online through the UC Bookstore website.