Whether you are a first-time graduate, graduate student, parent or UC faculty member joining in the celebration, this will be a memorable day for you. Find details and information on the commencement website.
Friday, December 8, 2017
Ceremony Begins at 2:30 p.m.
- The ceremony will be held at BB&T Arena, located on the Northern Kentucky University (NKU) campus.
- Doors open at 1:30 p.m.
- Tickets are required.
- Each graduating student who RSVP'd to participate in the Fall 2017 ceremony will be able to request up to seven (7) tickets.
- Ticket pick up begins Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at the Commencement Office located at the Steger Student Life Center, Suite 630. The office will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please bring your UC Bearcat Card or a picture ID with you.
- Last day to pick up tickets is Tuesday, November 21, 2017. If you do not pick up your tickets by 4 p.m. Tuesday, November 21, 2017, we will release those tickets to other graduates who are on the wait list without any further notice or reminder.
- If you are unable to pick up tickets you reserved, complete your request by Tuesday, November 21, 2017 to have them held (at the BB&T Arena Will Call Office for pickup the day of the ceremony) at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WillCallFall2017
- If you would like to request extra guest tickets, please submit your request at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ExtraTixFall2017. There is no guarantee extra tickets will be available, and requests will be filled in order as received as tickets become available. Only graduating students who indicate their plan to participate in the Fall 2017 Commencement ceremony are eligible to request extra guest tickets. The last day to request extra tickets is Monday, November 13, 2017.
- If you don’t need tickets, please let the Commencement Office know ASAP at email@example.com by providing your name and M-number. Your classmates and their families thank you in advance!
- All graduating students with limited mobility or requiring special accommodations should contact the Commencement Office (at 513-556-3502 or Comminfo@uc.edu) at least two weeks in advance to receive additional information for the ceremony.
Purchasing Doctoral Regalia
Students participating in the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony must have official UC regalia. Graduating doctoral students may choose between the student elements doctoral regalia and the fine quality doctoral regalia.
Student Elements Doctoral Regalia
The website only shows a stock black gown picture and does not show the official UC red gown. Your purchased gown will be red in color. The deadline to order doctoral regalia for fall commencement has passed.
- To purchase complete unit, select the first option and customize.
- Height, weight, and head measurement (circumference in inches) is needed.
- Ala carte options are available. Note: tams do not come with tassels; purchase separately.
- Deadline for ordering doctoral regalia for the fall commencement ceremony was November 2, 2017 for the student elements doctoral regalia.
Fine Quality Doctoral Regalia
See picture at right. The deadline to order doctoral regalia for the fall commencement ceremony has passed. It was October 20, 2017 for the fine quality doctoral regalia.