Whether you are a first-time graduate, graduate student, parent or UC faculty member joining in the celebration, this will be a memorable day for you. Find details and information on the commencement website.
Doctoral Hooding Ceremony
Friday, April 27 at 9 a.m.
Campus Recreation Center
All doctoral degree graduates from Spring Semester 2018
Master’s Recognition Ceremony
Friday, April 27 at 2 p.m.
All master's degree graduates from Spring Semester 2018
Doctoral Hooding Ceremony Information
Before you arrive for the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony, please review the following information. If you have other questions regarding the ceremony, please visit the Commencement website or call the Graduate School Office at 513-556-4335.
- Friday, April 27 at 9 a.m. with doors opening at 8 a.m. for guests at the Campus Recreation Center (CRC).
- Tickets are required for all guests.
- If you have tickets you don’t need, please drop off at the Will Call desk located inside the CRC.
- Any additional tickets available will be at the Will Call desk. Those tickets will be distributed on a first come, first receive basis.
- Live Stream options are available for both on and off campus. You can access the live video and find a list of live streaming locations at http://www.uc.edu/commencement/details/live-video.html.
- Parking is free on ceremony day on West Campus.
- View a map of West Campus for parking options.
- Parking and Shuttle information can be found at http://www.uc.edu/commencement/details/parking.html.
- You and your guests are invited to the Sheakley Lawn for a Commencement Reception immediately following the ceremony. Light refreshments will be served.
Information for Graduating Students
- Check-in begins at 8 a.m. and closes promptly at 8:45 a.m.
- Check-in is located at the Campus Recreation Center (CRC). Enter at the main entrance and our volunteers will provide directions upon arrival.
- Please dress appropriately and comfortably for the occasion.
- Do not bring anything of value to the line-up area (Campus Rec Center); it will be left during the ceremony, and there will be no security in the area.
- Graduating students with limited mobility or those who require special accommodations, please contact the Commencement Office to make arrangements and to receive additional information at (513) 556-3502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the procession begins into the arena and seating is directed by the volunteers, please follow the instructions for seating (we are at full capacity).
Students participating in the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony must have official UC regalia. Graduating doctoral students may choose between the student elements doctoral regalia and the fine quality doctoral regalia. The deadline to order fine quality doctoral regalia was March 14, and the deadline to order student elements doctoral regalia was March 22.