Ready to Graduate?
Run your Graduation Checklist first! The graduation application and all other required steps are located here. You can also use this application to check your graduation status.
The deadline to apply to graduate for Fall 2016 is November 14, 2016. The deadline to submit electronic theses/dissertations (ETDs) is also November 14.
Whether you are a first-time graduate, graduate student, parent or UC faculty member joining in the celebration, this will be a memorable day for you. Find details and information on the commencement website.
Friday, December 9, 2016
Time: 10 a.m.
- All doctoral degree graduates from Fall Semester 2016
- All master's degree graduates from Fall Semester 2016
Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony Information
Before you arrive for the Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony, please review the following information. If you have other questions regarding the ceremony, please call the Graduate School Office at 513-556-4335.
- Doctoral and master's students meet to line up for the ceremony at the Armory Fieldhouse Center (see map).
- Participants should arrive 8:30–9:30 a.m. EST.
- Check in to pick up your reader card in the Armory Fieldhouse.
- The ceremony will be held in Fifth Third Arena/Shoemaker Center (Main Campus).
- The ceremony will begin at 10:00 a.m. EST.
- Fifth Third Arena's doors will open for guests at 8:30 a.m. EST.
- Free parking will be available in UC parking garages on main campus (see attached map).
- The CCM Parking Garage will not be open to the public.
- Tickets are not required for the ceremony.
- Do not bring anything of value to the line-up area (Armory Fieldhouse); it will be left during the ceremony, and there will be no security in the area.
- A drop-off shuttle is available for guests with limited mobility (see map for details).
- A reception is held after the ceremony at the Myers Alumni Center.
- A professional photographer is available in the Armory Fieldhouse before the ceremony. Arrive early if you want photos before the ceremony. Photos are also taken when you are on stage. Proofs are sent to the email on your reader card.
- A live stream of the ceremony is available.
- Once the procession begins into the arena and seating is directed by the volunteers, please follow the instructions for seating (we are at full capacity).
Fall 2016: Friday, December 9
Students participating in the Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony must have official UC regalia.
The order forms for doctoral regalia for fall graduation were due Friday, October 7, 2016. Graduating doctoral students may choose between the student elements doctoral regalia and the fine quality doctoral regalia.
Graduating master's students can stop by the UC Bookstore in Tangeman University Center (TUC) to purchase caps, gowns and hoods. If you cannot go to the bookstore, you can order online through the UC Bookstore website.