Upcoming Commencement Ceremonies
We are glad you have decided to participate in one of the All-University Commencement Ceremonies. Whether you are a first-time graduate, graduate student, parent, or a UC faculty member joining in the celebration, we know this will be a memorable day for you. Details and information can be found at www.uc.edu/commencement/prepare.
Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony
Saturday, August 8, 2015
Place: Fifth Third Arena
Time: 9:30 a.m.
- All Doctoral degree graduates from Summer Semester 2015
- All Master's degree graduates from Summer Semester 2015
Summer Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony Information
Before you arrive for the Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony, please review the following list of information. There is a downloadable copy of the ceremony map below. If you have any questions regarding the ceremony that are not answered here, please call the Graduate School Office at 513-556-4335.
- Doctoral and master's students meet to line up for the ceremony at Rec Center (see map)
- Arrive (EST) 8:00-8:45 a.m.
- Register to pick up your reader card from your college representative in the Rec Center
- Ceremony will be held in Fifth Third Arena/Shoemaker Center (Main Campus)
- Ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Fifth Third Arena's doors will open for guests at 8:00 a.m. (EST)
- Free parking that day in UC parking garages on main campus (see attached map). This happens only at graduation time!
- CCM Parking Garage will not be open to the public.
- Tickets are NOT required for the ceremony.
- Do not bring anything of value to the line-up area (Rec Center); it will be left during the ceremony and there will be no security in the area
- Guests with limited mobility parking, there is a drop off shuttle (entrance to arena is all on the map)
- Reception after the ceremony is at the Myers Alumni Center
- Professional photographer is available in the Rec Center before the ceremony. Plan to arrive early if you want photos taken. A photo is also taken while on stage and one more after the stage picture. Proofs are sent to you by email, and this email address is taken from your reader card.
- Live streaming details can be found at: http://www.uc.edu/commencement/details/live-video.html
- Once the procession begins into the arena and seating is directed by the volunteers, please remember to follow instructions for seating (we are at full capacity).
Summer 2015 ceremony—Saturday, August 8, 2015.
Students participating in the Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony must have official UC regalia.
The order forms for doctoral regalia are were due Friday, May 29, 2015. Graduating doctoral students may choose between the student elements doctoral regalia and the fine quality doctoral regalia.
Graduating master's students can stop by the UC Bookstore in Tangeman University Center (TUC) to purchase caps, gowns and hoods. If you cannot go to the bookstore, you can order online through the UC Bookstore website.