To cultivate advanced scholarly education in the context of a comprehensive research university, generating knowledge and discovery that benefits society.
The University of Cincinnati will invest in tomorrow's leaders and professionals. It will be known for the quality of its formative graduate experience.
What we do:
- Serve as an advocate for graduate education both on campus and at the state, regional and national level.
- Work to strengthen existing programs and foster excellence in teaching and research.
- Administer policies pertaining to supervision, rules and regulations of graduate education with the exception of the JD and MD programs.
- Maintain graduate student records.
- Provide central administrative services to the graduate programs.
- Assign and monitor allocations of university graduate scholarship and assistantship funding.
- Support the academic mission of the individual graduate programs and colleges.
What we don't do:
The Graduate School at UC does not operate as a central admissions office. The majority of typical admissions functions, such as collection of letters of recommendation, application review and transcript evaluation, are conducted at the individual program level. Therefore, prospective and current students should communicate directly and as often as necessary with their program office. Find the contact person for your program/college.