Award A: For both Fall and Spring Semester
The application for Award A will be open July 2, 2018 to September 6, 2018. Apply for Award A at http://grad.uc.edu/student-life/awards/gshi/application.html during the application period.
- Application Period: 7/2/18–9/6/18
- Posting of awards: Starting on August 13, awards will be posted on a weekly basis.
- First Day of Classes: 8/27/18
- September 2018, GSHI will check to make sure that the student has enrolled for SHI by the SHI enrollment deadline and if not, remove the award.
- December 2018, GSHI will check to make sure that the student met all of the requirements for the GSHI Award during the fall semester and if not, rescind the fall award.
- January 2019, GSHI will check to make sure that the student has enrolled for SHI by the SHI enrollment deadline and if not, remove the award.
- April 2019, GSHI will check to make sure that the student met all of the requirements for the GSHI Award during the spring semester and if not, rescind the spring award.
$855 credit to Fall, or Fall and Spring Semester bills (maximum award of $1,710 for the academic year).
To receive this award, you must:
1. Be a Graduate Assistant (teaching, research or administrative) or Fellow, in the UC payroll system as a graduate assistant or fellow.
2. Be receiving stipend payments of a minimum $2,400 per semester through UC Payroll within the following pay dates:
Fall Semester: 09/04/18–12/31/2018 (9 pay periods)
AND (only if spring award is also desired)
Spring Semester: 01/01/19–04/30/19 (9 pay periods)
- Payroll checks from UC for grad students with a payroll status of student worker, compensated hourly, do NOT count toward the $2,400 requirement.
- Payment must be made from UC Payroll (refunds from the Bursar are not considered payments).
- Co-op students paid by a company other than UC during either of these semesters (fall or spring) will not have their pay from their co-op company counted toward the $2,400 semester pay requirement.
- Graduate students who receive a fellowship stipend directly from an outside/third-party sponsor are required to send a copy of the award letter and/or official documentation that clearly states the award period and financial terms of the fellowship (e.g., stipend amount, tuition scholarship amount, living allowance, etc.) to:
University of Cincinnati
PO Box 210635
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0635 OR via UC Mail to ML 0635
Each outside/third-party sponsor must be a U.S. based foundation which requires matching funds or be a U.S. based federal or state institution which supports research or teaching missions like Fulbright, Krell, etc.
3. Maintain university student health insurance coverage throughout the qualifying award term.
- Graduate students enrolled in less than 6 credit hours in any semester (fall or spring) are required to complete and submit a Health Insurance Enrollment Form for that semester by the deadline in order to maintain student health insurance.
- For a link to the enrollment form and the submission deadlines, visit http://med.uc.edu/student-health-insurance.
4. Enroll for at least one credit hour in each qualifying award semester.
If a student does not meet all eligibility requirements throughout the qualifying award term, then he or she will forfeit the Graduate Student Health Insurance Award for that semester. This will result in the full amount of the award being removed from the student’s UC account. If a graduate student waives the university health insurance, he/she will not be eligible for any GSHI Award.