Award B: For ONLY Spring Semester
If you have already received Award A (which covers fall and spring semester), DO NOT apply for Award B. If you have already been awarded Award A, you are NOT permitted to be awarded Award B for double the award in spring.
- Application Period: November 15, 2017 to January 16, 2018. Apply for Award B at http://grad.uc.edu/student-life/awards/gshi/application.html during the application period.
- Awards Posted: weekly during the application period (awards will not be posted while UC is closed for winter season days). Please note: this is the posting date, not the disbursement date. Posted awards will appear in the "Pending Financial Aid" view, but will not appear on bills until they are disbursed.
- January 2018, GSHI will check to make sure that the student has enrolled for SHI by the SHI enrollment deadline and if not, remove the award.
- April 2018, GSHI will check to make sure that the student met all of the requirements for the GSHI Award during the spring semester and if not, rescind the spring award.
$855 credit to Spring Semester bill.
To receive this award, you must:
1. Be a Graduate Assistant (teaching, research or administrative) or Fellow, in the UC payroll system as a graduate assistant or fellow.
2. Be receiving stipend payments of a minimum $2,400 through UC Payroll within the following pay dates:
Spring Semester: 01/01/18–05/01/18 (9 pay periods)
- Payroll checks from UC for grad students with a payroll status of student worker, compensated hourly, do NOT count toward the $2,400 requirement.
- Payment must be made from UC Payroll (refunds from the Bursar are not considered payments).
- Co-op students paid by a company other than UC during spring semester will not have their pay from their co-op company counted toward the $2,400 semester pay requirement.
- Graduate students who receive a fellowship stipend directly from an outside/third-party sponsor are required to send a copy of the award letter and/or official documentation that clearly states the award period and financial terms of the fellowship (e.g., stipend amount, tuition scholarship amount, living allowance, etc.) to:
University of Cincinnati
PO Box 210635
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0635 OR via UC Mail to ML 0635
Each outside/third-party sponsor must be a U.S. based foundation which requires matching funds or be a U.S. based federal or state institution which supports research or teaching missions like Fulbright, Krell, etc.
3. Maintain university student health insurance coverage during the spring semester.
- Graduate students enrolled in less than 6 credit hours in spring semester are required to complete and submit a Health Insurance Enrollment Form for that semester by the deadline in order to maintain student health insurance.
- For a link to the enrollment form and the submission deadlines, visit http://med.uc.edu/student-health-insurance.
4. Enroll for at least one credit hour in spring semester.
If a student does not meet all eligibility requirements throughout spring semester, then he or she will forfeit the Graduate Student Health Insurance Award for spring semester. This will result in the full amount of the award being removed from the student’s UC account. If a graduate student waives the university health insurance for spring semester, he/she will not be eligible for the GSHI Award B.
You will be able to apply for Award B from November 15, 2017 to January 16, 2018.
Applications submitted after 11:59 p.m. on January 16, 2018 will not be accepted.