Upcoming Commencement Ceremonies
We are glad you have decided to participate in one of the All-University Commencement Ceremonies. Whether you are a first-time graduate, graduate student, parent, or a UC faculty member joining in the celebration, we know this will be a memorable day for you. Details and information can be found at www.uc.edu/commencement/prepare.
Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony
Saturday, August 9, 2014
- All Doctoral degree graduates from Summer Semester 2014
- All Master's degree graduates from Summer Semester 2014
Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony Information
Before you arrive for the Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony, please review the following list of information. There is a downloadable copy of the ceremony map below. If you have any questions regarding the ceremony that are not answered here, please call the Graduate School Office at 513-556-4335.
- Doctoral and Master Students meet to line up for the ceremony at the Recreational Center (see map)
- Arrive 8:00-9:00 a.m.
- Register to pick up your reader card with your college representative in the Recreational Center line up area (lower level).
- Ceremony will be held in Fifth Third Arena/Shoemaker Center (Main Campus).
- Ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Fifth Third Arena's doors will open for guests at 8:30 a.m.
- Free parking that day in UC parking garages on main campus (see attached map). This happens only at graduation time!
- CCM Parking Garage will not be open to the public.
- Tickets are not required for the ceremony.
- Do not bring anything of value to the line-up area (Rec Center); it will be left during the ceremony and there will be no security in the area
- Guests with limited mobility parking, there is a drop off shuttle (entrance to arena is all on the map)
- Reception after the ceremony is at the Myers Alumni Center
- Professional photographer is available in the Recreational Center before the ceremony. Plan to arrive early if you want photos then. A photo is also taken while on stage and one more after the stage picture. Proofs are sent to you by email, and this email address is taken from your reader card.
- Live streaming details can be found at: http://www.uc.edu/commencement/details/live-video.html
- Once the procession begins into the arena the seating is directed by the volunteers. Follow their instructions.
- Family Friendly Zone - Guests will enjoy a simulcast of the ceremony on a big screen and complimentary refreshments, as well as special treats, activities, and games for children. Tickets are not required for the Family Friendly Zone. Located in Russell C. Myers Alumni Center.
Students participating in the Doctoral Hooding and Master's Recognition Ceremony must have official UC regalia. The deadline to submit the Doctoral Regalia order form was June 2, 2014.
Graduating master's students can stop by the UC Bookstore in Tangeman University Center (TUC) to purchase caps, gowns and hoods. Master's regalia is still available. If you cannot go to the bookstore, you can order online through the UC Bookstore website.