The finalization and submission of a student’s Application to Graduate will activate the process by which the student will be certified for graduation. The student should confer with his/her program office one-two weeks after the application period has ended to assure that any problems related to these requirements (including unpaid admission application fees, reinstatements/extensions, or grade changes) are resolved in a timely manner and avoid delay of graduation until a subsequent semester.
Specifically, the student’s records will be reviewed to verify satisfaction of the following requirements:
- finalization and submission of his/her online Graduation Application by the deadline;
- instructor’s submission of passing grades for his/her final semester credits;
- removal of all I grades from his/her transcript;
- removal of all UP/SP grades from unapproved courses and/or the final semester in the approved courses were taken; assignment of letter grades rather than UP/SP grades for courses in the final semester of the student’s program;
- removal of NG grades
- confirmation of satisfactory repetition or waiver of required courses in which an F was originally received;
- confirmation of completion of work and changes of I grades within the one-year limit;
- confirmation that the student was registered for at least one credit in his/her graduate program in each academic year;
- confirmation that the student completed his/her degree requirements within the prescribed time-to-degree;
- satisfactory completion of at least 30 graduate credits completed to the satisfaction of the student’s program;
- completion of all program requirements for the degree;
- ensure that the admissions application fee has been paid and 3.0 GPA has been earned while a matriculated graduate student in the program;
- if a thesis is required, upload the electronic thesis (ETD) with chair approval by the deadline date: http://gradapps.uc.edu/graduationdeadlines/graduation-deadlines.aspx.
Note: The requirements explained here are university requirements. Students must contact their program’s office for any additional program-level requirements or deadlines that must be completed prior to graduation.
Please see the Doctoral Hooding and Master’s Recognition Ceremony section for details on the event.