Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-556-4335.
Graduate Student Expo Event Details
Date of Event: Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019
Place of Event: Tangeman University Center, Great Hall
Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition
Registration for the Three Minute Thesis has closed.
- All submissions will be accepted for competition until registration closes on January 20, 2019.
- All registrants will be required to participate in the Three Minute Thesis practice session on Monday, February 11, from noon to 1:30 p.m. (This will allow registrants to acquaint themselves with the space and set-up, practice their performance, and receive feedback and tips for improvement.)
- The 3MT Competition will run 12:15–1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
- Presentations are timed; competitors who exceed the three minute time limit during the competition (on the 20th) will be disqualified.
- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted. The slide must be submitted to email@example.com prior to the practice session. Registrants will be allowed to revise and resubmit their slide prior to the competition on February 20.
- The winner will receive a $400 award, which will be posted to his/her Catalyst student account.
- Visit the Three Minute Thesis page for all rules and judging criteria.
Registration for the Poster Forum has closed.
- Poster sizes are limited to 4' wide unless you contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an exception.
- All submissions will be accepted for presentation until registration closes.
- All poster forum participants must check in during the 8–9 a.m. check-in, and all posters must remain on display from 9 a.m. to noon.
- All students will be judged by two judges. Judges will assign scores using the evaluation rubric. (To view this PDF document, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download.) The combined scores will be used to determine the winners.
- All winners will receive a $150 award, which will be posted to their Catalyst student account. Each category will have at least one winner. The categories are: arts & humanities; life sciences & medicine; physical sciences & engineering; and social & behavioral sciences.
Creative Arts Gallery
Registration for the Creative Arts Gallery has closed.
- All UC graduate students may show in the Creative Arts Gallery.
- All submissions will be accepted for show until registration closes.
- All media are welcome. This includes, but is not limited to, ceramics, drawing, electronic art, mixed media, painting, photography, printmaking and sculpture.
- Artwork may not be installed on a wall or from the ceiling. The Graduate School will provide a table, poster display board or easel for those who request one. We cannot provide assistance with transporting artworks.
- All participants must check in during the 8–9 a.m. check-in, and all artwork must remain on display from 9 a.m. to noon.
- All artwork will be judged by a single judge. The judge's decision is final.
- The winner of the Creative Arts Gallery will receive a $150 award, which will be posted to her/his Catalyst account.