Since 2000, the Graduate School's annual Poster Forum has served as a "dress rehearsal" for many students who are preparing to present at a regional or national conference. UC faculty and Cincinnati professionals serve as judges, which provides students with an opportunity to network with local scientists and experts. Judges not only provide feedback, but also a score, selecting the students with the most exceptional posters and presentations as winners.
Register for the Poster Forum starting November 15, 2018.
- Poster sizes are limited to 4' wide unless you contact email@example.com for an exception.
- All submissions will be accepted for presentation until registration closes.
- All poster forum participants must check in during the 8–9 a.m. check-in, and all posters must remain on display from 9 a.m. to noon.
- All students will be judged by two judges. Judges will assign scores using the evaluation rubric (see below).
- All winners will receive a $150 award, which will be posted to their Catalyst student account. Each category will have at least one winner. The categories are: arts & humanities; life sciences & medicine; physical sciences & engineering; and social & behavioral sciences.
Poster Forum Evaluation Rubric
The rubric below will be used to judge all poster presentations in the upcoming 2019 Graduate Student Expo. Students will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Content & Design of Poster
- Bibliography and References
- Research Background and Context
- Type and Visuals
- Text Font, Spelling and Grammar
- Oral Presentation
- Nonverbal Skills
- Verbal Skills
- Subject Knowledge
- Audience Awareness
- Nonverbal Skills
Each student will be evaluated by two judges. Judges will assign points in addition to writing comments on the form. The two scores will be averaged; participants with the highest average scores will be named poster forum winners. Score sheets will be returned to participants in the week following the Expo.
To view this document, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free download.