World Kindness Week
The Graduate College is partnering with the Student Wellness Center and CAPS to celebrate World Kindness Day all week long! World Kindness Day is a global day that promotes the importance of being kind to each other, to yourself, and to the world. The purpose of this day, celebrated on November 13 of each year, is to help everyone understand that compassion for others is what binds us all together and has the power to change the world. The flyer below will give you all the information about the week's events, and that information is also at the bottom of this page.
Events for Graduate Students
- All Week (Nov. 14-18), #BeKindChallengeUC – Participate in our week-long social media challenge, #BeKindChallengeUC. To be entered to win UC gear, check out @gradcollegeuc on social media (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter) for the day's kindness prompt. Follow the prompt and let us know here what you did!
- Monday, November 14th, Digital Kindness Toolkit – Check out the Graduate College's Kindness Toolkit for articles, resources, tips, and more. Click the button below for the toolkit.
- Tuesday, November 15th, Kindness Champions – Check out this week’s issue of the GradCurrents graduate student newsletter to see which grad students have been chosen as Kindness Champions. Graduate students were nominated by university faculty and staff for their commitment to kindness. Check your email for the issue--a new issue is published every Tuesday and emailed to all graduate students!
- Wednesday, November 16th, Gratitude – Join the Student Wellness Center for a Letter of Gratitude Writing Party! We will gather in Steger 480 in the Student Wellness Center at 2:30pm to write letters of gratitude to someone on campus who has made a difference for us. You bring your kindness – we’ll bring snacks.
- Thursday, November 17th, Self-Compassion – Join the Student Wellness Center and CAPS for a relaxing guided meditation for graduate students focused on self-compassion in Langsam Library. Here is the sign up link.