Preparing Future Faculty Program
Congratulations to our 2015-2016 PFF graduates!
Welcome to the Preparing Future Faculty (PFF) website!
The UC PFF program provides instruction in modern teaching and learning and offers rich mentoring experiences that strengthen these career skills. Established in 1993, the UC PFF program was one of the founding group of national PFF programs. Active participation in a PFF program is widely recognized as a valuable credential.
In a nationwide study, 98 percent of participant respondents said they would recommend PFF to peers interested in academic careers for the following reasons:
- PFF prepares graduate students for academic careers at postsecondary institutions.
- It helps graduate students conduct productive job searches and achieve early career success.
- The program provides professional development that does not extend time-to-degree.
PFF Program Requirements
The following requirements are needed to finish the PFF certificate:
- The three semester–credit Teaching Effectiveness Course (Division of Professional Practice & Experiential Learning, PD8041)
Please note: Teaching Effectiveness must be completed before a Mentoring Agreement will be approved. Students with special circumstances should submit a request with rationale to the PFF Director.
- The two semester–credit Academic Job Search Course (Division of Professional Practice & Experiential Learning, PD8042)
- Five workshops
- Three reading groups as a participant and a fourth as a leader
- A 40-hour mentoring experience
Course Schedule for 2016-2017 Academic Year
Update: Teaching Effectiveness (PD8041) will be offered during fall semester.
Academic Job Search (PD8042) will be offered during spring semester.
"Is the PFF program valuable?"
YES! PFF students and mentors express great appreciation for the experience of working and learning together. And national studies (Wested and Abt, 2004; DeNeef, 2002) have shown that PFF gives alumni a competitive edge in the academic job market and in the early years of their career.
Apply to the Preparing Future Faculty program today!
Get PFF News and Updates via Blackboard
To get news and updates for the Preparing Future Faculty program, enroll in the PFF organization on Blackboard. To find the org, click on the "Community" tab and type PFF into the "Organization Search" bar. In the search results, look for Organization ID "org_huetheca_167," Organization Name "Preparing Future Faculty (PFF)." When you enroll, enter the access code “PFF” when prompted.
If you have problems enrolling or do not have access to Blackboard, email firstname.lastname@example.org.