Preparing Future Faculty Program
Congratulations to our 2014-2015 PFF graduates!
Welcome to the Preparing Future Faculty (PFF) website!
The UC PFF program provides instruction in modern teaching and learning and offers rich mentoring experiences that strengthen these career skills. Established in 1993, the UC PFF program was one of the founding group of national PFF programs. Active participation in a PFF program is widely recognized as a valuable credential.
In a nation-wide study, 98 percent of participant respondents said they would recommend PFF to peers interested in academic careers because the program:
- Prepares graduate students for academic careers at postsecondary institutions.
- Helps graduate students conduct productive job searches and achieve early career success.
- Provides professional development that does not extend time-to-degree.
PFF Program Requirements
The requirements to finish the PFF certificate are:
- Take in the 3-semester credit Teaching Effectiveness Course (Division of Professional Practice & Experiential Learning, PD8041)
Please note: As of fall semester 2013, the Teaching Effectiveness course needs to be completed before a Mentoring Agreement will be approved.
For students with special circumstances, a request with rationale must be sent to PFF Director and Associate Dean of the Graduate School Dr. Margaret Hanson.
- Take in the 2-semester credit Academic Job Search Course (Division of Professional Practice & Experiential Learning, PD8042)
- Attend five workshops
- Attend two reading groups as a participant and a third as a leader
- Complete a 40-hour mentoring experience
Course Schedule for 2014-2015 Academic Year
Update: The Teaching Effectiveness class (PD8041) will be offered during fall and spring semester.
The Academic Job Search class (PD8042) will be offered during spring semester.
"Is the PFF program valuable?"
YES! PFF students and mentors express great appreciation for the experience of working and learning together. And national studies (Wested and Abt, 2004; DeNeef, 2002) have shown that PFF gives alumni a competitive edge in the academic job market and in the early years of their career.
Apply to the Preparing Future Faculty program today!
Get PFF News and Updates via Blackboard
To get news and updates for the Preparing Future Faculty program, enroll in the PFF organization on Blackboard. To find the org, click on the "Community" tab and type PFF into the "Organization Search" bar. In search results, look for Organization ID "org_huetheca_167," Organization Name "Preparing Future Faculty (PFF)." When you enroll, you will be prompted for an access code: enter “PFF” when prompted for the code.
If you have problems enrolling or if you do not have access to Blackboard, email email@example.com.