Summer Undergraduate Mentored Research at the University of Cincinnati (SUMR-UC) is a 10-week, fully supported research opportunity for rising juniors and seniors sponsored by the Graduate School. SUMR-UC provides undergraduates with an interest in pursuing graduate education an intensive, mentored research experience. Students selected for the program will work on projects under the supervision of advanced UC graduate students. Projects are available in a broad range of fields.
- $4000 stipend
- Work full-time on research on UC’s campus
- Access to facilities at one of the nation's premier research universities
- Individually assigned graduate mentors who will closely advise on the research project.
- Interact with UC's world-class graduate faculty
- Social and professional cohort of mentors and mentees
- On-campus housing available if desired
- Junior or senior status in baccalaureate program by Fall 2014
- US citizen or permanent resident status
- A strong intent to pursue a graduate degree upon completion of your baccalaureate degree
- A completed application submitted by the application deadline date includes:
- An indication of your top two choices of research or creative projects
- A brief description of your educational and other qualifications for working on the projects selected
- A statement of no more than 250 words on your intention for graduate study and likely professional goal thereafter
- One recommendation letter submitted online from a faculty member in your baccalaureate program attesting to your academic progress and standing, and commenting on your abilities and potential to successfully participate in the summer research experience. Your recommender will be sent an email notification on submitting during the application process.
- A copy (unofficial is acceptable) of your most recent transcript
We are especially interested in applications from students belonging to groups underrepresented in graduate education.